To change your current Outlook 2007 settings to send your outgoing mail through Pobox, please follow these instructions.
- Select Account Settings from Tools.
- On the Account Settings page, select the account you wish to edit, then click Change.
In the Internet E-Mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select "Log on using". Enter:
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org (any of your Pobox addresses)
- Password: your Pobox password
- check Remember password
- Click OK, then go to the Advanced tab. Select the dropdown menu next to "Use the following type of encrypted connection:" beneath Outgoing Server (SMTP) and choose either TLS or SSL. Please note that you should follow your ISP's instructions when configuring the encryption type for your Incoming Mail settings.
- Click OK, then Close. You are done changing your Outlook 2007 settings to send mail through the Pobox SMTP.